When you have made the decision to prioritise the development of a systems and processes philosophy in your business, it is important to get the entire business to understand the key reason and purpose of this project.
Once you have committed to get the team involved, we can begin following a process implementation system that will create a greater lift in your enterprise value.
10 key steps to creating a high performance process:
- Team meeting to explain purpose of systems and processes development and create buy in from the team.
- Identify a list of systems and processes within your business (heading only).
- Review each of these headings and decide on what would be an appropriate outcome if this process was followed.
- Define what the outcome level in dollar terms, customer satisfaction or business efficiency that you would expect if this process was followed correctly.
- Develop a list of activities in the process order that would deliver this outcome.
- Create an on-site delivery mechanism that enables your staff and contractors to follow your prescribed process.
- Create an audit process to ensure the process is being followed and its effectiveness towards achieving the outcome.
- Create a review of actual process outcome versus target and review success.
- Research and investigate industry benchmark outcomes that you can measure your businesses effectiveness and results against.
- Update and improve the process to move outcome towards target required.